Please Register ASAP as Nippers are unable to start until memberships are approved due to insurance and liability reasons. Read the instructions below.
- Complete your Working With Children Check Number (WWCC). Approval by the Office of the Children’s Guardian can take up to 4 weeks, so best to get this step done first: Apply here.
- Register with SLSA or copy https://sls.com.au/join/ into your browser.
- Complete Registration Information (for EACH member).
- Create a Members Portal Account (for EACH member) if you are creating for the first time, it may say unable to create until membership is approved – that is ok, you can still pay and complete the rest of the steps. If you are re-registering a Nipper who participated in the program with us last year, please log onto your Members Portal Account and follow the prompts for re-registration (NB. Payment, Member Protection Declarations and WWCC are still required as for new members).
- Pay membership fee online via SLS Members Portal for one Associate Parent ($75) & your Nipper/s ($95 for first Nipper).
- Print and complete Member Protection Declaration Form – Member Protection Declaration Form – Merewether 2017 – and submit WITH your photo ID – you can email a scanned copy of the form and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can bring your signed form and ID to the following events at the Club – Club Induction October 15th and Session 1 October 22nd.
- If you are emailing through your members declaration protection form and ID please also send your WWCC in ONE EMAIL to email@example.com.
- ID is required for the parent associate member and the participating nipper.
- Complete Proficiency Swim (for U8’s and above only).
New & Existing Members Must Complete the Member Protection Declaration Form
ALL members both renewing and new MUST fill out a declaration and submit it to a committee volunteer at the Proficiency Swim on Sunday 18th September between 1:00pm-3:00pm at Balance Mayfield. Forms may be downloaded below and must be presented with the supporting photo ID. Please understand that this is a requirement from SLSA and will be a required across all Surf Clubs in NSW. This is in addition to the Working With Children Check. If you submitted a WWCC number to the registrar last year this has been kept on file and will not be required again this year. Registrations will not be finalised until such time as ID has been sighted.
If you are unable to make the Proficiency Swim (Sunday 15th October 9am – 10.30am) you may provide the declaration and ID at the Information Day on Sunday 27th August or Sunday 17th September from 3pm. Due to insurance and health and safety requirements your child CANNOT attend Nippers until you are completely registered and correct fees paid, so we strongly urge you to attend the Information Day.
Even with the introduction of the WWCC, the SLSNSW Member Protection Declaration form still needs to be completed by members. While the WWCC looks specifically at national criminal history and workplace misconduct in relation to child-related work, the SLSNSW Member Protection Declaration is designed to make members aware of their responsibilities in relation to criminal charges more broadly, anti-doping violations, and any other matters which could constitute risk to members, employees, volunteers, athletes or reputation.
Download here: Member Protection Declaration Form – Merewether 2017.
ALL new members must begin their registration process by applying for a Working With Children Check. Apply here
- Select “Volunteer”, it is FREE and valid for 5 years
- Take the Application Number and proof of identify to a NSW Motor Registry, Government Access Centre, or Service NSW office
- Please do not register your children or yourself until you have RECEIVED your WWCC number (not application number) and only then email all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proficiency Swim – Sunday 15th October 9am – 10:30am – Arnold’s Swim Centre, The Junction – cost $4 per child
- Proficiency Swim will be held at Arnold’s Swim School between 9am – 10.30am on Sunday October 15th.
- For Under 8 age groups and above only. We recommend you attend this session if possible as otherwise it will be held in Merewether Ocean Baths before the beginning of the season and it can be chilly.
- Cost will be $4 per child to be assessed, and this is to be paid to Arnold’s Swim Centre on arrival.
- Swim caps (Nippers skull caps are ok) must be worn in the pool.
- There will be no free swimming allowed.
Before attending, please make sure you have:
- Registered online (or renewed your membership through the Membership Portal)
- Paid for an Associate Parent & your Nipper/s
- Signed Member Declaration form and submitted it to the club with your ID, your nippers ID (birth certificate or passport) and your WWCC.
- Your Working With Children Check Number (WWCC) (apply for it NOW if you don’t have it yet)
For more information on the requirements go to Junior Participation Proficiency.
We are a volunteer organisation and rely heavily on parental/ family involvement and assistance. You will be asked to volunteer for beach set up and pack up duties as well as working shifts at our fundraising BBQ.
These activities are integral to the nippers program and would not be possible without volunteer participation.
If you are interested in becoming an Age Manager or Assistant Age Manager please get in touch.
Any registration queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please complete all registration steps first and then email ALL your information required in one email to speed up the process. This year you have the Proficiency Swim and Information Day to provide the WWCC number and Members Declaration Form. The declaration and ID must be sighted by a Committee Member, online approvals will be completed AFTER these steps have been finalised.
IMPORTANT: One parent MUST join the club as an “ASSOCIATE” with any Nipper/Junior Registration.
It is a requirement of Merewether SLSC for at least one parent per family to accompany their child during the Nipper sessions. To ensure they are covered by insurance, THE PARENT MUST JOIN THE CLUB as an “Associate”. See below for fee schedule.
Please note that the joining process is required FOR EACH MEMBER of your family.
Please WAIT at least three weeks for your membership details to be processed and approved by our registrars before emailing questions about the status of your application. We are a volunteer organisation and approving ALL the registrations can take considerable time.
The registrar will be available to assist with particular issues at the Club at the following times:
August 27th – Information and Registration session – 3pm – 5pm
September 17th – Age Manager Information session – 2pm – 4pm
October 15th – Club Induction session 9am – 11am
|2017/2018 REGISTRATION FEES|
|Junior Membership - 1st child||$95|
|Junior Membership - per additional child||$75|
|Junior Associate Parent Membership||$75|
|Family Membership - 2 children & 1 Junior Associate Parent||$210|
|Late Membership fee - for payments received from 1st November||$40|
|BORN BETWEEN||AGE GROUP|
|1st October 2003 – 30th September 2004||Under 14|
|1st October 2004 – 30th September 2005||Under 13|
|1st October 2005 – 30th September 2006||Under 12|
|1st October 2006 – 30th September 2007||Under 11|
|1st October 2007 – 30th September 2008||Under 10|
|1st October 2008 – 30th September 2009||Under 9|
|1st October 2009 – 30th September 2010||Under 8|
|1st October 2010 – 30th September 2011||Under 7|
|1st October 2011 – 30th September 2012||Under 6|
Uniforms are available for purchase through our online store here.
The pink nippers singlet and white, blue and yellow skull cap are COMPULSORY for all nippers while at sessions.
They help parents and Age managers EASILY identify the nippers in their session. We also have boys and girls swimmers, and assorted beach merchandise with the MSLSC logo available for purchase.
Uniforms will be available to try on and determine sizing at the Information session (August 27th), Age Manager Information session (September 17th), and at the Club Induction (October 15th).