Please Register ASAP as Nippers are unable to start until memberships are approved due to insurance and liability reasons. Read the instructions below.
- Complete your Working With Children Check Number (WWCC) apply here
- Register with SLSA or copy https://sls.com.au/join/ into your broser
- Complete Registration Information (for EACH member)
- Create a Members Portal Account (for EACH member) if you are creating for the first time, it may say unable to create until membership is approved – that is ok, you can still pay and complete the rest of the steps
- Pay membership fee online via SLS Members Portal for one Associate Parent & your Nipper/s (even if your membership is pending)
- Print and complete Member Protection Declaration Form (ALL MEMBERS MUST DO THIS – IT IS NEW THIS YEAR) Member Protection Declaration Form – Merewether 2016
- Complete Proficiency Swim (for U8’s and above only) and bring your WWCC number, completed Member Protection Declaration Form and photo ID
- If you do not attend the Proficiency Swim – complete the above and bring documents to the Information Day on Sunday 9th October 9:00am-11:00am
- If you were unable to provide your ID at the Info Day please scan your signed Member Protection Declaration Form (for Associate Parent that is joining only) with a copy of your drivers license and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you need to send your WWCC through and birth certificate, please do this in ONE EMAIL)
New & Existing Members Must Complete the Member Protection Declaration Form
ALL members both renewing and new MUST fill out a declaration and submit it to a committee volunteer at the Proficiency Swim on Sunday 18th September between 1:00pm-3:00pm at Balance Mayfield. Forms may be downloaded below and must be presented with the supporting photo ID. Please understand that this is a requirement from SLSA and will be a required across all Surf Clubs in NSW. This is in addition to the Working With Children Check. If you submitted a WWCC number to the registrar last year this has been kept on file and will not be required again this year. Registrations will not be finalised until such time as ID has been sighted.
If you are unable to make the Proficiency Swim (Sunday 18th September – 1:00pm-3:00pm) you may provide the declaration and ID at the Information Day on Sunday 9th October – 9:00am-11:00am. Due to insurance and health and safety requirements your child CANNOT attend Nippers until you are completely registered and correct fees paid, so we strongly urge you to attend the Information Day.
Even with the introduction of the WWCC, the SLSNSW Member Protection Declaration form still needs to be completed by members. While the WWCC looks specifically at national criminal history and workplace misconduct in relation to child-related work, the SLSNSW Member Protection Declaration is designed to make members aware of their responsibilities in relation to criminal charges more broadly, anti-doping violations, and any other matters which could constitute risk to members, employees, volunteers, athletes or reputation.
Download here: Member Protection Declaration Form – Merewether 2016
ALL new members must begin their registration process by applying for a Working With Children Check. Apply here
- Select “Volunteer”, it is FREE and valid for 5 years
- Take the Application Number and proof of identify to a NSW Motor Registry, Government Access Centre, or Service NSW office
- Please do not register your children or yourself until you have RECEIVED your WWCC number (not application number) and only then email all correspondence to email@example.com
Proficiency Swim – Sunday 18th September 1:00pm-3:00pm – Balance Mayfield (Industrial Dr & William Street, Mayfield) cost $6 per child
- U8 group and U9 1-2pm / U10 group and above 2-3pm – This is flexible so please attend when possible between 1-3pm.
- For Under 8 age groups and above only. We recommend you attend this session if possible as otherwise it will be held in Merewether Ocean Baths before the beginning of the season and it can be chilly.
- Cost will be $6 per child to be assessed, and this is to be paid to Balance on arrival.
- Swim caps (Nippers skull caps are ok) must be worn in the pool.
- There will be no free swimming allowed.
Before attending, please make sure you have:
- Registered online (or renewed your membership through the Membership Portal)
- Paid for an Associate Parent & your Nipper/s
- Signed a Declaration Form and have it with you with photo ID (to speed up the process please have this printed and signed before arrival)
- Your Working With Children Check Number (WWCC) (apply for it NOW if you don’t have it yet)
If you are unable to attend the proficiency swim it is your responsibility to obtain a signed proficiency swim from a qualified swim teacher and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the requirements go to Junior Participation Proficiency.
We are a volunteer organisation and rely heavily on parental/family involvement and assistance. Part of signing up your child/ren you are agreeing to the following terms. This year we will be implementing a “no help, no award” system where we will require each family to assist in the smooth running and organisation of the Nippers. Each family will be required to complete a number of tasks throughout the season. If they are not completed your child/ren will be ineligible for awards at the Presentation Day. We appreciate your cooperation, assistance and time, as we hope you appreciate ours. On the Registration Day each family will be required to submit 2 dates to help out on tasks throughout the season. If these are not completed, or your family is absent on the nominated day, it will be your responsibility to sign up for another day.
Any registration queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please complete all registration steps first and then email ALL your information required in one email to speed up the process. This year you have the Proficiency Swim and Information Day to provide the WWCC number and Members Declaration Form. Because the declaration and ID must be sighted by a Committee Member, online approvals will be completed AFTER these steps have been finalised.
IMPORTANT: One parent MUST join the club as an “ASSOCIATE” with any Nipper/Junior Registration.
It is a requirement of Merewether SLSC for at least one parent per family to accompany their child during the Nipper sessions. To ensure they are covered by insurance, THE PARENT MUST JOIN THE CLUB as an “Associate”. See below for fee schedule.
Please note that the joining process is required FOR EACH MEMBER of your family.
|Junior Membership - 1st child||$90|
|Junior Membership - per additional child||$70|
|Junior Associate Parent Membership||$70|
|Family Membership - 2 children & 1 Junior Associate Parent||$195|
|Late Membership fee - for payments received from 1st November||$35|
|BORN BETWEEN||AGE GROUP|
|1st October 2002 – 30th September 2003||Under 14|
|1st October 2003 – 30th September 2004||Under 13|
|1st October 2004 – 30th September 2005||Under 12|
|1st October 2005 – 30th September 2006||Under 11|
|1st October 2006 – 30th September 2007||Under 10|
|1st October 2007 – 30th September 2008||Under 9|
|1st October 2008 – 30th September 2009||Under 8|
|1st October 2009 – 30th September 2010||Under 7|
|1st October 20010 – 30th September 2011||Under 6|