Please Register ASAP as Nippers are unable to start until memberships are approved due to insurance and liability reasons. Read the instructions below.
- New members must attend one of these sessions unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Returning members are welcome to come to one of these sessions, or complete renewal and payment through the portal.
Friday 3 August 4-6pm
Sunday 5 August 8-10am
Thursday 16th August 6-8pm
Sunday 16th September 1-4pm
What you need to bring:
- Valid Working With Children’s Check
- Identification for yourself and your nipper
- EFTPOS card to pay for membership and uniforms – no cash will be accepted
Please note: If you arrive without these items we will not be able to process your registration.
How much will you have to pay:
|Junior Membership – 1st Child||$90.00|
|Junior membership – per additional child||$70.00|
|Junior Associate Parent Membership||$70.00|
|Family membership – 2 children and 1 associate member||$195.00|
Uniform purchase will be available on each of the registration dates.
We will only be selling the two compulsory items, skull cap and pink vest/rashie. Also selling merchandise that is currently in-stock only.
Information on purchasing other items through a supplier will be made available on the days.
New & Existing Members Must Complete the Member Protection Declaration Form
ALL members both renewing and new MUST fill out a declaration and submit it to a committee volunteer at the Proficiency Swim on Sunday 18th September between 1:00pm-3:00pm at Balance Mayfield. Forms may be downloaded below and must be presented with the supporting photo ID. Please understand that this is a requirement from SLSA and will be a required across all Surf Clubs in NSW. This is in addition to the Working With Children Check. If you submitted a WWCC number to the registrar last year this has been kept on file and will not be required again this year. Registrations will not be finalised until such time as ID has been sighted.
Members Protection Declaration forms need to be completed by ALL new members (both juniors and seniors). The form is designed to make members aware of their responsibilities in relation to criminal charges (more broadly than WWCC), anti-doping violations, and any other matter which could constitute a risk to members and their children as well as employees, volunteers, athletes or reputation.
These will be available in hard copy for new members to sign at registration days.
Download here: Member Protection Declaration Form – Merewether 2018.
All members over the age of 18 will need a current Working with Children Check before any application for membership can be approved. If you don’t already have one or if it will expire during the season you’ll need to apply ASAP.
The process is simple:
Apply online here (add link)
Select “Volunteer”, it’s free and valid for 5 years.
Take the application number and your proof of identity to a service NSW office to be verified.
You will then be emailed your WWCC number
New members will need to bring their WWCC number (not their application number) to registration day.
your WWCC number (not application number) and only then email all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proficiency Swim – Sunday 23rd September 9am – 10am – Arnold’s Swim Centre, The Junction – cost $4 per child
- Proficiency swim – 23rd September 9am – 10am – Arnolds swim centre The Junction – Cost $4 per child – bring a swim cap or nippers skull cap.Every nipper from U8 – U14’s is required to participate in a preliminary water skills evaluation conducted by the club to be able to participate in Nippers Water activities on Sunday mornings. Requirements are in the table below:Under 6 &7 – No requirementsUnder 8 – 50 metre swim (any stroke) and 1 min survival float.Under 9 – 100 metre pool swim and a 2 minute survival floatUnder 11 and above– 200 metre pool swim within 5 minutesBEFORE ATTENDING please make sure you have registered membership(online for renewals or at Registration Day for new members) and paid. Remembered to bring a swim cap/ skull cap.This year our assessors will be available at Arnolds Swim Centre on the 23rd September at 9am.IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT AT THAT TIME other arrangements MUST be made BEFORE the start of the season. Please contact Cathy at juniorsregistrar@merewetherSLSC.com.au to make other arrangements. We cannot guarantee that additional proficiency assessment will be available after the start of the season.Junior competition skill evaluation will be completed at another time. Please contact Juniorsregistrar@merewetherSLSC.com.au if your child is interested in competing in carnivals.
We are a volunteer organisation and rely heavily on parental and family involvement and assistance. You will be asked to volunteer for beach set up and pack up duties as well as working shifts at our fundraising BBQ.
These activities are integral to the nippers program and would not be possible without volunteer participation.
If you are interested in becoming an Age Manager or Assistant Age Manager please get in touch at email@example.com
Merewether SLSC requires that at least ONE parent must join the club for children to participate in our nippers program. So you’ll need to complete the registration process for at least one parent as well as EACH child participating.
Renewing members are welcome to use the online portal to renew and pay for memberships
NEW MEMBERS MUST ATTEND REGISTRATION SESSION at the club with all the relevant requirements
Registrations sessions are :-
Friday 3rd August 4-6pm
Sunday 5th August 8-10am
Any problems or queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
|2018/19 REGISTRATION FEES|
|Junior Membership - 1st child||$90|
|Junior Membership - per additional child||$70|
|Junior Associate Parent Membership||$70|
|Family Membership - 2 children & 1 Junior Associate Parent||$195|
|Late Membership fee - for payments received after 31/10/2018||$35|
|BORN BETWEEN||AGE GROUP|
|1st October 2004 – 30th September 2005||Under 14|
|1st October 2005 – 30th September 2006||Under 13|
|1st October 2006– 30th September 2007||Under 12|
|1st October 2007 – 30th September 2008||Under 11|
|1st October 2008 – 30th September 2009||Under 10|
|1st October 2009 – 30th September 2010||Under 9|
|1st October 2010– 30th September 2011||Under 8|
|1st October 20111 – 30th September 2012||Under 7|
|1st October 2012 – 30th September 2013||Under 6|
- Nippers pink singlet OR rashie
- Club skull cap
Uniform items will be available for purchase at registration sessions.